Saturday, September 30, 2006

Dodging the Poems


Well, so one of the benefits of this publishing gig is that you can get out of the office for a day when there's a poetry thing going on. And there's no more poetry thing than the Dodge Poetry Festival in Waterloo Village, NJ - a magical place for four days of poetry. Imagine that!



The Big Deal of the Day was in this huge tent. A gaggle of reknowned poets, plying their trade and mesmerizing about 5,000 adoring fans. Who knew? Most of them were packed into this tent.

But the real action was outside. The poems were still there, delivered by a crystal clear sound system, and the croud just soaked it up.



Ah, the magic of poetry!








"Won't you tell me your name?"















The Old Throwback to the 60's has a moment of deja vu.





This gentleman, listening so intently, is the Executive Editor of Etruscan Press.






The last Flower Child on the face of the Earth.










Lord Jim of the Slams basks in the glory of his fame.







Alas, I am smitten by a musette!




She likes me!


















This is Mr. Billy Collins, former Poet Laureate of these United States, and my personal favorite poet. We had a nice chat and he did not mind a whit when I asked if I could take his picture.










This place - Waterloo Village - would be a nice place even without all this poetry flying around!






Mr. Jim and the Eminent Philip Brady, recovered from his intense listening








There she is again! I am being stalked by a waif!

Begone, musette! My heart is not my own!


Charter member of the Dead Poets Society.

No comments: